What is the law on Disorderly Conduct in Olathe Municipal Court?

9.11.010 Disorderly Conduct.

A. Disorderly conduct is, with knowledge or probable cause to believe that such acts will alarm, anger or disturb others or provoke an assault or other breach of the peace:

1. Brawling or fighting; or

2. Disturbing an assembly, meeting, or procession, not unlawful in its character; or

3. The use of offensive, obscene, abusive, combative or fighting language or engaging in noisy conduct tending reasonably to arouse alarm, anger, resentment or combat in others.

B. Disorderly conduct is a Class B Public Offense. (Ord. 15-66 § 19, 2015; Ord. 83-75 § 2, 1983.)

Possible Punishment

*Class B Violations are punishable by up to 180 days in the Johnson County Jail, however, most Class B Violations are eligible for probation

What do I do if I've been charged with Disorderly Conduct in Olathe Municipal Court?

You are already doing what you should be. Anytime you find yourself charged with a crime you need to do some research and find out what you are up against. A good place to start would be to read the law that the police say you have violated. The next step would be to do some further research on the subject. Here is some basic information with regards to disorderly conduct cases in in Kansas. After you've gotten yourself full educated on the subject it is best to sit down with an experienced criminal defense lawyer. When you meet with each prospective lawyer you will have the knowledge necessary to ask good questions. Ask the lawyer how the city of Olathe generally handles these types of cases and discuss possible defense strategies and what a good plan is going forward.