What is the law on Disorderly Conduct in Leawood Municipal Court?

The City of Leawood has adopted the Kansas Uniform Public Offense Code and that set of laws can be found here. Although the city of Leawood has it's own laws that have been passed by the city council, most of the criminal codes are taken from this Uniform Code. Below is the relevant section of the Leawood Municipal Code prohibiting Disorderly Conduct in the City of Leawood.

Sec. 9.1. Disorderly Conduct.

(a) Disorderly conduct is one or more of the following acts that the person knows or should know will alarm, anger or disturb others or provoke an assault or other breach of the peace:

(1) Brawling or fighting;

(2) Disturbing an assembly, meeting or procession, not unlawful in its character; or

(3) Using fighting words or engaging in noisy conduct tending reasonably to arouse alarm, anger or resentment in others.

(b) Disorderly conduct is a Class C violation. (K.S.A. 21-6203)

Possible Punishment

*Class C Violations are punishable by up to 30 days in the Johnson County Jail, however, most Class C Violations are eligible for probation

What do you do if you are charged with Disorderly Conduct in the Leawood Municipal Court?

Thing you should do when presented with any problem is to start researching the problem. You can't fix something if you aren't educated in how it works. If you find yourself on this page you are already doing the right thing, researching. Just knowing the law on disorderly conduct in Leawood isn't enough though, you have to have a more in-depth knowledge of how disorderly conduct charges work. Look here for an more in-depth review of disorderly conduct charges. After you have a good base knowledge, now is time to hire an experienced criminal defense lawyer to help you navigate the situation and get a favorable result. When you set up a meeting with a lawyer for your disorderly conduct case you will be able to rely on your base knowledge of the law to ask good questions about the law, possible defenses and how the Leawood Municipal Court generally handles disorderly conduct cases like yours.